Risk Assessment Management
As an employer, you’re required by law to protect your employees, and others, from harm. A key part of this is the Risk Assessment process.
Does your organisation have an up to date Risk Assessment process?
Did you know that if you employ even just one person, you need one?
Your Risk Assessment must also be available at the point of work.
And it’s not just if you’re an employer - the same legislation applies if you have volunteer workers.
What is a Risk Assessment and why do you need one?
Quite simply, it is the law. Here’s what the HSE says you must have in place.
The minimum you must do is:
- Identify what could cause injury or illness within your business (hazards)
- Decide how likely it is that someone could be harmed and how seriously (the risk)
- Take action to eliminate the hazard, or if this isn’t possible, control the risk.
Assessing all workplace risks and creating a preventative Risk Assessment document, is just one part of the process. If anything goes wrong within your organisation from a Health & Safety point of view, it is likely that your Risk Assessment will need to be accessed and reviewed.
You can find more detailed HSE guidance here.
At Blue Squirrel Software we create affordable, results-driven business tools that replace lengthy manual processes with easy to use data systems.
Risk Assessment app
Our Risk Assessment app enables organisations to meet their Risk Assessment responsibilities.
Anyone can use it and create their full digital document in just a few minutes.
Essential functionality and benefits include:
- Easy, pre-formatted document creation
- Ability to list each workplace activity and the likelihood of each risk or hazard
- Ability to add and update a variety of control measures, definitions and ‘danger severity scores’ to rate effectiveness.
- A unique reference number for each activity, facilitating easy interrogation
- Auto-suggests and prompts to help each person format the digital document and add correct control measures against each hazard. See below
- Space for COSHH (Control Of Substances Hazardous to Health) assessments and correct use guides.
- Space to list and recommend PPE
- An assessment of other business risks (such as environmental and financial)
- Auto content updates (each Risk Assessment is version controlled, so only the latest version is approved and in use). Activity is also date-stamped
- Listing of who was involved in the assessment and other relevant individuals
- Risk Assessments are retained in one place enabling multiple logins (perhaps from key individuals at different locations).
- Listing of remedial actions to take if needed, including follow up actions within post-accident investigations
- A ‘second-eye’ overview, check and approval process
- Full GDPR compliance and secure Cloud storage
- Capacity to flag key risk issues straight to SME or Board
A perfect solution for any organisation that needs to show due diligence and be reassured that they’re meeting all their Health & Safety legal requirements.
In particular, this will benefit business owners, senior managers, operations directors and safety directors; as well as project managers, facilities managers and all Health & Safety professionals.
RiskManager is available either as an out-of-the-box, ready to use solution or as a semi-bespoke solution which will be customised to fit your organisation's policies and needs.
To discuss your Risk Assessment requirements, please call James at Blue Marble Studio on 01386 800350 or send a message. James can answer any questions you may have and he can also take you through a brief and no commitment app demo.